In my last post I shared about experiencing the Glory of God in worship? If you love the Presence of God, you will never be satisfied until you see the Glory of God. What is the Glory of God? It is a holy hunger for the manifestation of His tangible Presence (the Bible speaks about The Shekinah Glory of His Presence)
Bob Sorge in his book "GLORY - When Heaven Invades Earth" (a must read) defines the word GLORY as a noun :
(1) Glory - Honour, reputation, dignity, praise
(2) Glory - Endowment of blessing, power and life
(3) Glory - The heavenly dimension where the magnitude of God's personhood irradiates throughout the heavenlies
(4) Glory - The invasion of God's reality into the human sphere
The highest goal of worship deals with point (4) and Bob Sorge defines "GLORY" as used in the Bible to describe the action of God whereby He takes of His Glory which is eternally existent in heaven, pushes through the veil that separates natural and spiritual realities, and reveals within the parameteters of our time and space the spendor of His magnificient beauty and splendor.
There is coming a time when the Glory of the heavenlies is going to invade our natural plane, and mankind is going to be abruptly awakened to the might and power of God's Presence. It is to this revelation of Glory which the following verses point:
- For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord,as the waters cover the sea ( Habakkuk 2:14)
- "And I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory," says the Lord of hosts (Haggai 2:7)
- The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken (Isaiah 40:5)
In my personal life I had the encounter of His Shekinah Glory - once in the worship service with brother John Stevenson (as described in my last post on Extravagant Worship) and another earlier time as a young Christian in a prayer meeting when His Glory fell ..... at that time I did not know the meaning of these two experiences but they were such awesome time and encounters when/where you just do not want to leave the place. Time just stood still in His glorious presence!
A few years ago, my church when through a refreshing period of what we called "Revival" and very often we experienced such a glorious presence of God in our worship services. Sometime the worship service would last more than 3 hours and everybody were immersed in His Presence. Often we experienced both heavenly and physical manifestations. Some people have actually smelled heavenly aroma during worship services. Others have seen a cloud or angels. Others have heard angles singing or God speaking. When you have a spiritual experience that is actually perceived at the sensory/physical level, then you are touching the Glory realm.
If you are a worshipper how do you touch this Glory? Or if you are a worship leader how do you lead people into the Glory realm? ..... next post
Blessing - TPWC