Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised.
In the city of our God, in His holy mountain
Our PRAISE, in other words, should be in proportion to God's greatness - which means it has to be measureless. We can never exhaust the POWER and the possibility of PRAISE. The more we PRAISE God, the more we acknowledge His greatness.
Let's continue to expand on the POWER OF PRAISE - What happen when we choose to PRAISE our great God?
1) PRAISE SILENCES THE ENEMY
O LORD, our Lord, how excellent (majestic and glorious) is Your Name in all the earth! You have set Your glory on [or above] the heavens.
Out of the mouths of babes and unweaned infants You have established strength because of Your foes, that You might silence the enemy and the avenger.Psalm 8:1-2 (Amplified Bible)
- Notice the weapon that king David is using here is the NAME of the Lord. PRAISE is the way to silence the enemy. A practical translation of that would be, "that you might make the devil shut up!"
- PRAISE is also the ordained strength of God. Our PRAISE may be weak as a child but it is powerful to shut up the enemies
- Notice also the use of the word "mouth" in this verse. All spiritual weapons have only one launching pad, and that is our mouth
2) PRAISE IS A GARMENT OF THE SPIRIT
Isaiah 61:3, speaks of "the garment of PRAISE for the spirit of heaviness."
- Isaiah 61 was quoted by Jesus in His home synagogue in Nazareth immediately after His temptation in the wilderness to launch the preaching of the Good News (beauty for their sadness/ashes, oil of joy for a mourning spirit and a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness)
- In contemporary language we would call it a spirit of depression which is a stronghold of the enemy. In other words when we choose to PRAISE GOD there is deliverence from the spirit of depression.
- PRAISE is a spiritual garment and every believer must wear this garment at all times. We have to make a choice to "PUT ON" the garment of PRAISE daily.
3) PRAISE LEADS THE BELIEVER INTO THE TRIUMP OF CHRIST
Psalm 106:47, "Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the Gentiles, to give thanks to Your holy name, to triumph in Your praise.
- We are to triump in the PRAISE of God. This verse applies not only to Israel as a nation, but also to every believers.
- There is a great difference between victory and triump. Victory is the accomplishment of the defeat of the enemy, whereas a triump is a celebration of the victory already won!
- See also Colossians 2:15 & 2 Corinthians 2:14
Have a blessed & victorious week as you continuingly let PRAISE be in your mouth!
Psalm 34:1 - I WILL bless the Lord at all times; His PRAISE shall continually be in my mouth.