He Will Rejoice Over You With Singing
Did you know that God is a singer? Why would that be a surprise? He created us to sing; one would expect that He has some experience at it Himself. Yes, the Lord of all creation sings. That defies our image of the frozen-faced, always-disappointed God of high expectations. Sure, we have failed Him and our love is far too cold for such a lovely Lord. But that's not what the Lord of glory focuses on. When judgement is spent, when He looks at a redeemed soul conforming to the image of Christ, God sings. And not just because He has to. His heart is in it.
That boggles our minds, doesn't it? The God who loves us sing over us. We often think of love as obligatory; He has to love us because of how He made us and redeemed us, but doesn't He doesn't really enjoy it because of how we've failed Him. As we imagine Him, He has a purposeful love but not a passionate one. But that's not the biblical picture of God. Scripture paints Him as highly emotional, deeply grieving over our sin and dancing in celebration over our repentance. In the Bible, God weeps, rejoices, grieves, dances, laughs, gets angry, and celebrates. And He sings!
Imagine the voice! In Revelation, His voice sounds like a trumpet (Revelation 1:10) and waterfall (Revelation 1:15). Can you imagine a voice that exceeds all human instruments and the forces of nature? The volume, the tonality, the quality, the range! And the creativity of the song must be amazing. God-produced music must be astoundingly beautiful. And what's most humbling and amazing is that He sings it over us.
An extract from Worship The King - by Chris Tiegreen In response let us sing back to Him :
- Sing to the Lord, you saints of His; praise His holy name (Ps 30:4)
- Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for for the upright to praise Him (Ps 33:1) - Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy (Ps 33:3)
- Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises (Ps 47:6)
- I will sing of Your strength in the morning, I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. (Ps 59:16)
- I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make Your faithfulness known through all generations. (Ps 89:1)
- I will sing of Your love and justice; to You , O Lord, I will sing praise (Ps 101:1)
- I will sing and make music with all my soul (Ps 108:1)